Favorite Books + Books I Plan to Read
Welcome back to my blog. I hope everyone is staying safe and staying at home during this shelter in place. Although Ben and I have been staying pretty busy settling into our new house, just like everyone else, we are going a little stir crazy. I miss all of my friends and miss all of my customers at laurel e. so much! laurel e. is normally where I spend the majority of my time and where I satisfy the extrovert in me, so not having that for the last several weeks has been hard to adjust to. I am honestly so thankful to have started this blog when I did (whether anyone chooses to read it or not) because it is another creative outlet for me to communicate with people while still respecting the rules of social distancing.
Throughout all of this uncertainty, I have tried really hard to see the silver lining and focus on the good instead of letting fear creep in. Are there things that I should be feeling stressed and anxious about? Of course. As a small business owner, it is hard to not think about what the future holds for my store, but I have chosen to give all of those questions and feelings of fear to God. As long as I continue to wake up every day and do what I can with what I have, I am not going to worry about tomorrow. Instead, I am going to enjoy the days and breaths that God has given me. With that being said, one thing I have been enjoying (as I am sure you can guess because of the title) is reading a good book!
In fact, a fun quarantine idea to do with your friends is to start a book club! Two of my very best friends and I just recently finished our first book together and we had so much fun that we already know what we are going to read next. It's such a fun thing to do together, and it is so fun getting to get on FaceTime calls together to talk about different theories of what we think is going to happen!
I have always liked to read, but I fell in love with reading when I picked up my first psychological thriller. Psychological thrillers are the only genre of books that I enjoy reading. If you were here for love stories or self-help books, I am so sorry but this may not be your reading guide! However, if you are a psychological thriller binge reader like me, or looking to get into thrillers, you are in the right place! I have first put together a list of books that I have already read, and then I have a list of books that are next in my queue! I hope you enjoy.
1. The Girl On The Train - This was the book that made me fall in love with psychological thrillers! It was the first book that I had binge-read and my life has never been the same! I know a lot of you have probably already read this one but I really wanted to include it for anyone who is just getting their feet wet into thrillers. I love this book because it is written in several different perspectives, so you never lose interest!
2. The Couple Next Door -This book was such a quick and easy read for me! It's not very long and it's super easy to get into. I actually found this book on one of my favorite bloggers, Emily Gemma's book review. This is another good one for anyone who is just getting into thrillers.
3. The Other Woman - This was a recent read for me and it was full of twists! I definitely liked other books on this list better but it was still so good! I would absolutely recommend it.
4. The Woman In The Window - This one was a little hard for me to get into, but once I got into it, I was hooked! I loved it! I definitely would recommend reading this soon because they are about to come out with a movie! (Any time I see that a psychological thriller is being made into a movie, I always try to read it first to compare!)
5. The Wife Between Us - This one had a lot of twists too! This was such an easy read for me! If I remember correctly, I think it only took me about two to three days to read it!
6. The Silent Patient - I definitely saved the best for last! This is the book that my best friends and I just finished in our book club, and all of us could not put it down! I mean, WOW. That's all I am going to say.
Below is the list of books I plan to read during the remainder of this quarantine! I will go ahead and link them for you guys! If you end up reading any of the books I suggested, let me know what you thought! Also, if you have any psychological thriller recommendations, please send them my way! ( I hope no one was drinking every time I said psychological thriller! HA!)